Heppner Chamber of Commerce
JOB POSITION: Chamber Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Chamber Board of Directors
JOB SUMMARY: Oversight of day-to-day Activities
The Chamber is seeking an energetic, creative, detail oriented professional to serve as its Executive Director.
The Executive Director is the paid “employee” of the organization, responsible for the full range of Chamber activities in accordance with the policies, procedures, and Bylaws of the Chamber. This includes, but is not limited to, coordination of programs, event and activities, supervision, training and motivation of volunteers, income and expenditures, community outreach, service and promotion, promotion of new and continued communication and maintenance of existing chamber members. The Executive Director will eventually assume responsibility for administering Willow Creek Valley Economic Development Group Projects and Programs.
The Executive Director:
- Is an employee of the Board of Directors, and is hired by the Board to assist in management of the organization.
- Is delegated by the Board to be responsible for all business operations, including management of the assets and budget and coordination of events and activities.
- Supervises and trains volunteers to perform and represent the Chamber in a professional and appropriate manner, managing volunteer activities.
- Is responsible for establishing and maintaining the business structure that will efficiently conduct the management functions of the organization.
- Plans for and administers a program providing service in accordance with the organizations slated purpose and in such a manner that optimum results are achieved in relation to the resources of the organization and operations under the general direction of the Board.
- Must have excellent organizational, marketing, public relations, problem solving and management skills.
- Is energetic, a self starter and works with limited supervision.
- Senior staff person of Chamber
- Develop and interpret Chamber policies
- Direct publicity/media advertising
- Develop Board meeting agendas; take and distribute meeting minutes
- Develop general membership meetings, bi-monthly chamber meetings, organizing agenda, meal and speakers.
- Chamber membership retention and growth
- Coordinate Chamber special events as directed by the Board
- Be able to operate standard office equipment computer
- Be able to use word processing, spreadsheet and other windows based software
- Represent Chamber at certain state, regional and local meetings or events.
- Prepare publicity for all meetings, events and activities
- Plan and organize events sponsored by the Chamber or assigned to the chamber
- Be familiar with By-laws and policy at all times
- Work with membership to help promote their businesses
- Maintain and edit website
- Attract new members and work to retain existing chamber members
- Attend Eastern Oregon Visitors Association (EOVA) meetings
- Attend Oregon State Chamber of Commerce (OSCC) meetings
- Attend Economic Development (EODA) meetings
- Maintain events and activities on “OTIS” – site managed by Travel Oregon
- Attend Governor’s Conference on Tourism (organized by Travel Oregon)
- Maintain quality brochures – promote tourism
- Organize, promote and be in charge of coordinating the St. Patrick’s Celebration
- Be involved in legislative issues (be active with OSCC and local representatives)
- Respond to all requests for information about Heppner and the Chamber
- Be creative in your approach to attract visitors
- Work closely with the Treasurer on financial/budget
- Serve as “Project manager” for Willow Creek Valley Economic Development Group (WCVEDG) and work closely with the WCVEDG Board, or assigned committees on projects
- Organize Chamber Lunch meetings – 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month (according to agreed schedule)
- Organize Chamber Board Meetings
- Organize Chamber Annual Luncheon (3rd Thursday in January)
- Organize Annual Town and Country Community Awards (1st Thursday in February) evening event
- Organize WCVEDG Annual Luncheon
- Organize St. Patrick’s Celebration event (weekend closest to St. Patrick’s)
- Organize fundraisers as determined by Board:
- Fair and Rodeo:
- Wine Tasting dinner
- Organize Fair and Rodeo Parade
- Organize Rodeo Gates
- Blue Mountain Century Scenic Bikeway
- Heppner Christmas Community Event
- Fair and Rodeo:
- Promote new fundraisers and sources of income for the Chamber
Starting Annual Salary $36,000. Includes mileage reimbursement, professional development, paid time off, and holidays. For a copy of the full job description, please contact Heppner Chamber-541-676-5536 or via email at email@example.com.
Please send cover letter, resume, including letter(s) of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Heppner Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 1232, Heppner, OR 97836. Position open until filled; first review: 3/20/2020; EOE