2019 Annual Conference
October 15 - 16, 2019 | Lebanon
Mark your calendars for the OSCC Annual Conference on October 15-16, 2019 at the Boulder Falls Inn in Lebanon. This two-day conference is the largest gathering of chamber professionals in the state, offering opportunities to connect with your peers and learn best practices from industry leaders.
The goal of the OSCC Conference is to educate, inspire, and connect chamber professionals to the resources needed to succeed. Whether you are just starting out in the industry or a seasoned veteran, this conference will provide you with the tools to remain relevant in an ever-changing business climate.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Sessions that will challenge you to think differently
- Special session dedicated to new chamber executives
- Time devoted to building connections with your peers and industry leaders
WHAT YOU'LL TAKE AWAY
- Fresh ideas to help your chamber evolve to meet the needs of your business community while staying true to your mission
- Tools to better share your chamber's story
- Stronger relationships with your partners in success
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE:
Theme: What is Your Chamber's Why?
Who's new and what's next: New chamber executive session – Vonnie Mikkelsen, Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
- Communicating your chamber’s why – Shari Pash
- Building OSCC’s advocacy and grassroots presence – JL Wilson & Jenny Dresler, Public Affairs Counsel; Chris Eyler, US Chamber of Commerce
- Restaurant and Lodging – Jason Brandt, Oregon Restaurant and Lodging Association (ORLA)
- The changing workplace: Co-working spaces – Linda Moholt, Tualatin Chamber & Sara Zwicker, HillHub
- Training the next generation: A case study – Salam Noor & Chuck Lee, CTEC: Career Technical Education Center
- Share your awesomeness: how to engage your members with stories that motivate and inspire – Brenda Buratti, KGW
- Courageous leadership – Sue Rieke-Smith, Superintendent of Tigard Tualatin School District 23J
- Flip the Script: 4 habits to radically increase personal leadership, productivity and potential – Coyte Cooper, PhD
- Healthcare – Lesley Ogden, Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital & Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital
- Intentional membership growth – Shari Pash
- Leading productive conversations: Communications Toolkit 2.0 – Robert Killen, Lane Small Business Development Center
- Creative ways to tell your uniquely Oregon story - Andrew Grossmann, Travel Oregon
*Agenda subject to change
Conference will be held at:
505 Mullins Drive
Lebanon, OR 97355
For reservations call:
Ask for the OSCC 2019 Conference group block
Reservations must be made by September 13, 2019
Cancellation and refund policy: A full refund will be made if requested in writing by September 30th. No refunds will be given after September 30th.
OSCC honors communications excellence
OSCC wants to showcase and celebrate this year's most successful media campaigns and communications. This year, OSCC will be judging digital communications, including websites, social media, blogs and video. Chambers will be recognized at the Annual Conference in Lebanon.
Deadline for submissions is September 23, 2019.
Support scholarships for OSCC
Support OSCC scholarships by bringing a gift basket to the Annual Conference. Baskets will be raffled of at the conference and proceeds go to support scholarships in the coming year. Baskets should be branded for your area and community. Please attach a tag with a list of contents, as well as the approximate value. Larger valued baskets will be saved for the live auction.