Professional Development & Trainings
Our mission is to support and represent Oregon’s local business community by serving as its advocate on business issues and by strengthening local Chambers.
The Oregon State Chamber of Commerce (OSCC) is the largest grassroots organization for small business in the state, which gives a voice to local business communities large and small in the Capitol. OSCC provides training on a variety of topics to support organizational success for local Chambers of Commerce.
Designed to help Chambers develop or strengthen their Advocacy efforts and become the main voice for business in their communities.
- Creation or augmentation of Government Affairs programs
- Bolster Chambers’ role in public policy
- Policies, procedures and processes for effective GA programs
- Board, committee and mobilization team engagement
- Role of local Chamber in statewide advocacy
Board Training / Orientation
Provides best practice principles to Chamber Board members and Chamber Executives for their role in supporting the Chamber’s vision and mission as well as organizational success.
- Fiduciary and legal responsibility
- Define the purpose and role of the Board
- Champion the mission, vision and goals of the Chamber
- Understanding importance of strategic goal setting and developing policy
Interactive session with Board designed to create multi-year strategic initiative for the Chamber.
- Establish Chamber Core Competencies
- Define organizational priorities
- SWOT analysis
- Develop strategic objectives and plan for implementation