2023 Oregon Washington Chamber Leadership Conference
On October 16-18th, the Oregon State Chamber of Commerce and the Washington Chamber of Commerce Executives (WCCE) will hold a joint chamber leadership conference in Hood River, OR.
The goal of the 2023 Chamber Leadership Conference is to educate, inspire, and connect chamber professionals to the resources needed to succeed. Whether you are just starting out in the industry or a seasoned veteran, this conference will provide you with the tools to remain relevant in an ever-changing business climate. Educational sessions will be led by some of the most respected chamber leaders across the country, designed to give you fresh perspective on how to lead your chamber and business community into the future.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Be inspired - Learn through stories and insights from chamber leaders through presentations, panel discussions and connecting with your peers from across Oregon and Washington.
- Connect and collaborate - Sometimes the best support comes from those who have been in your shoes. This conference is a unique opportunity to connect - and reconnect - with industry leaders who will continue to support your role outside of the conference environment.
- Recharge - This year's conference will be held in the beautiful town of Hood River, Oregon, known for its stunning scenery and outdoor activities. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the company of colleagues and go back to your community rejuvenated.
WHAT YOU'LL TAKE AWAY
- A new outlook for leading in your chamber and community
- Fresh ideas to help you lead chamber and your business community
- Stronger relationships with your chamber peers
MEMBER PRICE: $400 | NON-MEMBER PRICE: $500
Cancellation and refund policy: Cancellations will be considered if notified in writing by September 18, 2023. No cash refunds will be given, however, registration fees may be applied to 2024 membership dues. No refunds will be given after September 18th.
Make the most of your conference experience
*Pre-Registration Required - Sign up during registration
CEO ROUNDTABLE DINNER
$150/person | Seating is limited
Make the most of your conference experience by joining us on Monday night of the conference the to attend a CEO Roundtable Dinner. Dinners will be facilitated by OSCC & WCCE Leadership who will make all the arrangements and plans for the evening. Each group will host a small number of your colleagues to encourage intimate conversations and forge strong professional relationships.
NEW EXECUTIVE TRAINING
Ideal for those in role 1 year or less
If you are new to your role in the chamber industry, you might feel like you are trying to drink from a firehose with a straw. This session will give you tools and advice to keep you focused on the next step forward from seasoned chamber leaders in Oregon and Washington. This session is targeted for those who have been in their role for less than 1 year, but all are welcome!
MONDAY, OCTOBER 16th
5:30pm: CEO dinners (prior registration required)
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17th
9:00am: Conference begins
- Beyond Borders - Unlocking Opportunities: The hidden secret behind success in the Chamber Industry. Providing extra value for a successful and rewarding career - with Betty Capestany
- CEO's Unplugged: Explore the successes, challenges and even failures during this facilitated talk with seasoned executives - a panel discussion moderated by Tom Baldridge
- Driving Community Partnerships: Partnerships in economic development, non-traditional partnerships, tourism, workforce & community are essential. Discuss opportunities to engage and grow your impact - with Jay Cheshire, Mark Eagen and Nancy Keefer
- Tackling Tough Issues: Let’s lay it on the table. How are trends and influences shaping our work in workforce, DEI, advocacy, leadership development - a panel discussion moderated by Mark Eagen.
- From Relevant to Essential: Redefining the work Chambers and community-based organizations need to do to elevate their value from relevant to essential in today’s world - with Casey Steinbacher
- Innovation & Disruption: You are bombarded daily with a variety of issues that are transactional. Take a deeper dive of the bigger trends and how chambers can effectively engage and be a transformational community leader - with Dave Adkisson
5:30pm: Conference banquet
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18
State Breakfasts with advocacy updates
8:30am: Conference begins
- Strategies for Success: Navigating personalities in board, volunteers, political and community leadership - a panel discussion moderated by Jay Cheshire
- Revving Your Revenue: Dues, non-dues revenue and fundraising - a panel discussion moderated by Nancy Keefer
- Unlocking Leadership: The joys and headaches of working with boards and board chairs with panel discussion of lessons learned moderated by Jay Cheshire
- Crafting a Compelling Community Narratives: As the competition for the talent continues to grow, communities will need to re-imaging how they tell their story in a way that is attractive for their continued workforce needs and economic prosperity - with Casey Steinbacher
The Floor is Yours - How can we help?: This session will break attendees into two groups for Q&A sessions around Operations and Community. Each 60-minute session will be driven by attendee questions. The last 15 minutes, the groups swap rooms so everyone hears both community and operational discussion recaps.
2:00pm: Conference adjourns
*Agenda subject to change